Alpheus Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know how Alpheus Environmental Limited (Company Number 2499491) use your personal data we collect as data controller and when we may be required to share such information with our suppliers and selected third parties in delivering the services you require.
Personal data is any data which can identify you. It can identify you either on its own or when joined to other data we have.
Alpheus welcomes your questions and comments regarding our policy on processing personal information. If you have any queries, please contact us by one of the methods listed below.
We collect your personal information when you become a customer of Alpheus and at other times when you contact us regarding our services. This includes times when you may:
- contact us via our website, by telephone, by email or post on social media;
- visit our website by way of cookies;
- request copies of our documentation such as our e-book;
- make payment on behalf of your organisation;
- enquire about our services with a view to becoming a customer of Alpheus; or
- complete one of our customer surveys.
At times, we may collect your data from publicly available sources such as corporate websites.
When you register to use our services, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal data in order to administer your account.
The personal data we may request includes your contact details e.g. your name, email address and telephone number. When you are acting in the course of a business, this may also include the personal data of other employees at your organisation.
Personal information we may process includes:
- contact information, e.g. name, address, phone numbers or email address;
- employer details, role and work location;
- where applicable, personal bank or credit card details for the purpose of paying for products and services;
- details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours;
- details of your interactions with us through our customer service team, by email, telephone or online;
- to deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection, device and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, and any search terms you entered;
- Your responses to any surveys you chose to take part in; and
- Passwords and user names to access your account.
Alpheus do not process special categories of personal data in the delivery of our services.
Where we need your consent to process your data, we will clearly ask for it and will tell you why we are processing your data. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your data for the purpose for which you gave consent. This does not mean that we will no longer process your data - we may still process your data if we have another purpose with a different legal basis.
The law requires that we have a specific legal basis to process your personal data. The majority of the processing that we undertake is carried out on the basis that it is needed to enable us to comply with our contractual obligations, by fulfilling an order you may have placed with us, or to pursue our legitimate interests. These activities include:
- providing you with services and products;
- providing you with third party products and services;
- making improvements to our service;
- managing our business.
Where we process your personal data in this way, we do not need your consent to do so.
We may share your personal data with third party suppliers and partners in order to deliver the services you require.
Please note that whilst you are able to object to your data being shared with these companies, we may be unable to provide you with the services you require as a result.
Whilst your personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area by Alpheus, there may be instances in which it may be by our partners and suppliers. If it is, we will ensure that they have the necessary procedures in place to ensure it is appropriately protected.
We will retain your personal data for as little time as possible to enable us to deliver the service you requested, or we are legally obliged to. As a minimum, we retain customer information for a period of 6 years following the purchase of the service your require or having raised an issue directly with Alpheus.
Our website lets you have full control over the personal data stored regarding your browsing activity.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. Specifically, you can:
- ask for a copy of that information, free of charge in most cases.
- ask for information about how we process your data.
- ask us to change it if it’s wrong.
- ask us, in certain circumstances, for the data to be removed from our records.
- in some circumstances you can ask us to stop processing your data.
- in some circumstances, ask for your data to be given to you in a format that you can use to transfer to another organisation.
- object to certain types of processing of your data, such as direct marketing which you can object to and stop at any time.
If we refuse your request under the above rights, we will tell you why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
If we are unable to action your request we will explain to you our reasons.
Alpheus will not use the personal information we collect from you to market our services, nor will we share it with any third parties for marketing purposes.
If you believe there has been a breach of your personal data or that your rights have been affected, you may complain to the Group Data Protection Officer by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Anglian Water Group
Ermine Business Park
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting their website www.ico.org.uk, or phoning 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a text-only string of information which a website downloads to your computer or device. They are used to make the website work efficiently or to provide information about your visit.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use, and also which pages you visit and interact with. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking site use so that we can improve our experience on the site.
The following cookies are used on the alpheus.co.uk website:
_ga Used by Google Analytics
_gid Used by Google Analytics
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and how you can control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us
In writing to:
Alpheus Environmental Ltd
1 Percy Road
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone our customer services team on 01234 686100
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at www.alpheus.co.uk
This privacy notice was last updated on 1st July 2021.