The Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) is a key piece of legislation for the UK Chemical sector. It commits EU member states to limit the environmental impact of emissions from industrial production.
If your organisation is a large producer of effluent or waste emissions, many pharmaceutical and chemical companies are, the IED requires you to pay for that waste to be cleaned up. Inevitably, this has raised concerns within the industry, especially around cost and compliance.
In order to address these concerns, Dr Frank Wayman of Alpheus has written an insightful e-book which provides a step-by-step guide to understanding the IED and advises how producers should plan for compliance.
The e-book addresses all the key questions and concerns that producers have about the IED, including:
• What is the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED)?
• What is a BREF?
• What producers will be affected in the chemical sector and how?
• What the chemical industry should do in response to the publications of the BREFs?
• How is the BAT assessment carried out and who can help?
• Examples of BAT technology applied to the chemical sector
• How will Brexit affect the IED?
• Can Alpheus help?