If your organisation is a large producer of effluent or waste emissions, many brewers and drinks companies are, the IED requires you to pay for that waste to be cleaned up. Inevitably, this has raised concerns within the industry, especially around cost and compliance.
In order to address these concerns, Dr Frank Wayman of Alpheus has written an insightful e-book which provides a step-by-step guide to understanding the IED and advises how producers should plan for compliance.
The e-book addresses all the key questions and concerns that producers have about the IED, including:
• What is the Industrial Emissions Directive?
• What is a BREF?
• What producers will be affected in the FD&M sector?
• What the FD&M industry should do in response to the FD&M BREF?
• How is the BAT assessment carried out?
• Examples of BAT technology applied to the brewing and soft drinks sectors
• How will Brexit affect the IED?
• Who can help producers with their BAT assessment?